Okay wow, how did March drag on forever but April is already like half over?? Didn’t April start like 2 days ago?
Well, despite the craziness of March, I still managed to read a decent amount: 6 books! (lol, thank you Kindle Unlimited trial for giving me access to all the smutty romances.) I actually managed to read a physical book for fun, which was such a nice change of pace (I’ve been having a hard time reading books for fun that aren’t on my phone).
And like the title noted, I’m still on my weird semi-hiatus thing which I noted here. I might try to squeeze in a review and/or a TTT post this month, but I have 3 weeks left of the semester, so I’m (hopefully) about to kick it into high-gear homework mode, so I’ll continue to be pretty absent. BUT COME MAY, when I’m done with college FOREVER, I’ll definitely be doing all the reading and blogging! It’s been so long since I’ve been fully active and I can’t wait to do more blog hopping and interacting with you all!
(Also wow, look at me posting a wrap-up in the first half of the month?!? Lol, what a concept 😅 )
1. Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
Rating: 4.25 stars
A memoir by a Christian writer! Wasn’t expecting to enjoy this as much as I did. Really loved how real, honest, and different she was in talking about her experiences with religion. She’s also hilarious and reminded me of the memoirist Dawn Davies.
2. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
Rating: 4 stars
Yes, I finally started and finished the first LOTR book! It was definitely a little slow for my tastes in the beginning, but wow, the characters are such a hoot! And my god, Tolkien is such an utterly astounding worldbuilder.
3. House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
Rating: 4.25 stars
MY HEART! I started this shortly after the news of the pandemic came to fruition and my college kicked us to online classes, and honestly, this was the perfect comfort read! It was hilarious and dramatic and ahhhh, so much fun! Review to come soon! (either later this month or early May)
4. Freeing Her by Anna Stone
Rating: 2.25 stars
The final book in the Irresistibly Bound series. Sadly, this one was my least favorite. The situation and attempted character background just felt extra forced and, if I remember correctly, the crisis was super short & weak.
5. Behind Closed Doors by Anna Stone
Rating: 3.5 stars
Oooh, this is gotta be one of my fav Anna Stone books, if not my all-time favorite! I adored that it was a work-place romance and that it had a twinge of mystery spun into it! Would def read this one again.
6. One Last Dance by Anna Stone
Rating: 2.5 stars
This one actually took me awhile to get through. I think part of it was that I’m just not big on dance/ballet books? Also, I really struggled with some of the messages and how utterly contradictory they were (e.g. one of the protagonists realized she needed to live her own life and not give it up for a lover and then went and did it again 😑)
- Smut— Shhh, I technically already started & finished this book, but I’m still leaving it on here!
- Aftershocks— Also already started this one. Got sent an ARC of the second one, so I wanted to check out the first book! Don’t usually pick up space sci-fi, but hoping it intrigues me.
- The Downstairs Girl— Still have this checked out from my library. Fingers crossed I can squeeze it in during these upcoming crazy weeks!
RANDOM LIFE UPDATES:
- Well, life got crazy, ya know, for everyone.
- Managed to go out a few times for drinks with friends at the beginning of the month before the pandemic and social distancing guidelines were announced. So grateful we were able to do this.
- Lol, I got invited to join some fancy honor society chapter at my college.
- All my classes were moved to online for the rest of the semester, though I managed to get approval to stay on campus and continue living with my friends. Another thing I’m grateful for, because I know I would be extra stressed & unproductive at my house.
- Went home for a bit and visited with my family and animals for spring break (luckily right before the stay-at-home order was announced for my state).
- At my house, my roommate and I literally binge-watched all of season 1 of The Witcher in a 24 hour period. It was a time 😅
- My housemates and I have been trying to struggling to stay on top of classes and our mental health, but we’ve managed to do a few fun things! We were suppose to go my friends’ formal, so because that was cancelled we had our own “formal” and got dressed up, had a family dinner, took pretty pictures and have a movie night. Here’s my fav pic from that night: